Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Action Research Reflection: Week 2

Week two has brought real world applications to the learning and application of action research in school scenarios. As I listened to the interviews of educators in three districts, I learned that all shared a common knowledge about action research. Action research must be practical to the researcher and applied to real situations to seek improvement derived from a need that data reflects.

My thinking and perceptions were clarified and I have reaches a level of understanding where it it making a lot more sense. As I spoke to my supervisor on the possible topics for action research, I believe that we arrived at a valid and important decision in selecting a topic that we are currently trying to put into practice. As I progress in the research, we will also see evidence of it working or not. I believe that I am on the right track to what may be a journey of future action research projects to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment