Sunday, November 22, 2009

Reflections of Technology Assessments

Accessing my technology strengths and weakness was indeed a very valuable insight to my technology awareness. As an Instructional Coordinator/AP, I have a major role in ensuring that instructional practices incorporate technology daily and to ensure that students are being prepared for 21st century learning.

In the Technology Applications Inventory, I found that I am pretty proficient in all the four domains: in foundations, I do not have a full understanding of the difference in analog and digital technology to interface the two; in information acquisition, solving problems, and communication, I am fully aware and having working knowledge of each of the components.

In the SETDA Building Survey, as a campus we are using the technology, but not to the extent that I would like to see. For example, we having many sites that we use for student learning; Study Island, Accelerated Reader, Renzulli, Education City and many others, but we fail in the area of aggregating data to determine if the technology used increases student achievement. Our technologist does a great job to teach the students the TEKS objectives, but the amount of time that he has is limited to 45 minutes once a week.

From the two surveys, I have found that my knowledge of technology is pretty extensive, but I am aware that I need to continue learning because there is technology innovated daily into the market, and unless we take a proactive approach to keeping up with is, we can drown ourselves in this technological era.

No comments:

Post a Comment